Re: Novice table?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU, BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Novice table?
From: "J. Ochi" <jochi@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 19:18:36 -0800
Hey folks -

For all of you who want to help out, this is a perfect opportunity.  You
don't have to have oodles of experience to staff the novice table - most of
the questions are first-timer questions, like:

- what class is my car in? (There's a rulebook right there to look it up in)
- what's the difference between Novice, Open, Ladies?
- now I've registered, what do I do?
- what group do I run in?
- when does that group run?
- what work assignment should I sign up for?
- what number should I use?
- how do I put numbers on my car?

You know, stuff that you learn after a few events.  There's also usually
someone pretty experienced hanging out, so if you get asked a stumper, you
can always redirect the question to someone else.  :-)

Anyway, if you have a few events under your belt and want to help your club
out, get in touch with Charlie or just drop by the novice table and ask if
they need some help...

Jim