Number/ID Question (and Permanent Number info)

To: lword@sfo.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Number/ID Question (and Permanent Number info)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:10:38 EST
In a message dated 2/16/01 7:31:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, lword@sfo.com
writes:

> I run in Street Touring Race Tire, STR.  Should I have STR or ST?

Use "STR" to be correct.

By the way, the new Permanent Number Book will be at Round 2.  I've
transferred info from the old one, but have added car type and color fields,
so I'd like those who have filled out the book at Round 1 to check their
info...

Several things:

1)  It's best if a Ladies driver sharing a car with an Open class driver
picks a different number than her Open counterpart.  (For example, if the
Open class driver uses #13 CP, it's easier on trailer crews if his co-driver
uses 3 CPL, 1 CPL or 31 CPL.)

2)  I've grouped F/Jr 1,2, and 3 together for numbering purposes.  Trailer
crews won't be able to tell #1 FJ1 from #1 FJ2 from #1 FJ3.

3)  I've grouped STS, STR and SM together, as it will be easier if we don't
have duplicate numbers between these 3 classes, all running at the same time.

Charlie Davis
SFR Solo 2 Chief