Re: Sad News

To: Dave Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>, ba-autoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sad News
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:52:27 -0800 (PST)
I wish it hadn't taken so long for the HANS to become
widely known. I met Dr. Hubbard, creator of the HANS,
about six years ago when I was attending Michigan
State. He is a Biomechanics professor there. He was
trying get it in front of various sanctioning bodies.
A group of us from the student SAE chapter had put
together a display for the first ever SAE motorsports
expo. We got Dr. Hubbard credentials for the Show and
added a HANS to our display booth.

If any of you ever wondered why I wear that donut
thing around my neck to support my helmet, it is
largely a result of having met this guy.

Alan