Re: Bay Area Dyno ?

To: Brad Martinson <brad@rahul.net>, ba-autoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bay Area Dyno ?
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:32:19 -0800
Brad Martinson writes,

>Is there anyone left in the bay area doing dyno testing?   I'm ready to
>start making some engine mods, and kinda thought a baseline would be nice,
>so I can look back and rationalize it all as "money well spent".

If you really want to do it right, and don't just want some talking numbers,
go see Paul Caselas at Speed Merchant on Lincoln Ave, in San Jose. Paul, a
long time friend of mine, is the Mgr there and does all, or most of, the
dyno work. He has a different machine (from a Dyno Jet) which bolts your
rear hubs to the dyno. Paul will work with you to not only do runs but he
has software to both monitor, and in some cases, depending on your FI
system, do reprogramming to really get the whole rpm range dialed-in. It is
a brake dyno so you can dwell at an RPM and make adjustments, etc. Paul will
also work with you if you want to make (reasonable) changes between runs.

        Don