SFR Round 14/ Chairs needed for Round 16

To: "INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com" <Smokerbros@aol.com>,
Subject: SFR Round 14/ Chairs needed for Round 16
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:02:44 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com

"Congrats to Regina Morec and Jeffrey Gordon for a successful Round 14,
despite a major oiling of the course in run group 1.  It was pointed out
that
the GGF lot may be producing fewer marbles than it has been since we
started
re-using it. "

        I thought our event chairs were terrific. Changing workers on the
fly showed how they stayed on top of what was needed. Great job.

        And thanks to Charlie for laying out a spiffy course.
        I was the second car out in the first run group. The first run
group traditionally cleans the course, one way or another. I found the
traction to be great all the way around, a benefit no doubt of the place
being mechanically swept on Friday. All the sweeping, it seems to me, has
benefitted the site. We'll order a sweeping prior to our next event there.
        Incidentally, when I ran the AAS event at Mather on Saturday, the
outside of every turn was covered with little pieces of rubber, i.,e.
"marbles." Once again the reality is the actual driving line is determined
by everybody who went before you. And as Corvettes create a bigger swath
than anything else, I prefer to run after the 'Vettes if given the option.

--John Kelly