Re: Helmet cleaning

To: jochi@ricochet.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helmet cleaning
From: Eljssp8@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:45:32 EDT
In a message dated 07/02/2001 11:04:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jochi@ricochet.net writes:

<< I wash mine in the kitchen sink, following instructions that I got from
 Darren Madams.  Just fill up the sink, put in some Woolite, and squoosh the
 suds gently through all the padding.  Don't rub, unless you want the lining
 to get fuzzy.  Drain, and rinse multiple times the same way.  Squish out as
 much water as you can, then let the helmet air-dry - should be dry in a day
 or two, given our current weather.  To speed up the drying, I blow air
 through the helmet using a small fan.

 Jim >>

Thanks, Jim. Your answers are always so detailed and to the point. I am
definitely going to practice Darren's way once a month from now on. It's been
four years, and you would'nt believe the smell.....

Eric