Re: Helmet cleaning

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helmet cleaning
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 18:04:46
>I was wondering if I can wash my helmet in my dishwasher, the same way I
>would wash my pots? Of course, I would take it out before the heat cycle
>comes on.
>TIA,
>Eric Cheung
>
>As a side note: One of the tastiest steamed fish I have eaten comes out
>from
>the full cycle wash from the dishwasher, careful wrapping of aluminum foil
>is
>highly recommended. :>)

Really? What's the preferred dishwashing detergent for this recipe? Also, is
Jet-Dry effective, without drying out the fish? :)

As far as the helmet goes, you will probably damage the lining. If the
lining is dirty, try sponging with Wool-lite. If the shell is dirty, try an
automotive cleaner-wax, like Meguiar's.

Rob