RE: Ferrari stomping

To: <Sethracer@aol.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ferrari stomping
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 21:15:00 -0700
I think people who enjoy owning Ferraris are usually into more than just the
car. Instead, they buy it for the history and racing heritage, the
craftsmanship, the look and feel of the car, or simply to fulfill their
childhood dream of owning one. They have to have these kinds of reasons,
because Ferrari performance doesn't alone justify the price tag and
ownership hassles. There are cheaper, more reliable cars that go faster.

And it's the driver that makes the difference. Because the marque events
tend to have fewer "weekend professionals" than SCCA events do, anyone who
is doing well in his SCCA class probably has the skills to set darn near
TTOD in a marque event no matter what car he is driving. And when the
skilled driver is behind the wheel of a well balanced 2,000 lb. car with
gobs of V8 power, the result is not hard to predict (yet still fun to
watch).