Re: Cheap Gas?(or how do you thread this)

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Cheap Gas?(or how do you thread this)
From: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 20:29:34 -0700
on 6/19/01 4:25 PM, John Kelly at 76067.1750@compuserve.com wrote:

> -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------
>
> Message text written by INTERNET:Sethracer@aol.com
>
> "at DeAnza this year, a car called the T-Zero showed up. I recognized it
> from a Road & Track article. "
>

> -------------------- End Original Message --------------------
>
> I think this car ran once at GGF last year.
>
> --John Kelly
Here's a stretch- the t-zero is from Alameda Point ( the politically correct
name given to the former NAS Alameda) so... John, what is the status of
talks with John Walker? I would like to chase this bird to it's nest and
either feast on a concrete omelet or move on to other site prey.
MJ
On an entirely different subject I have a question about " claim racing " or
so called "true stock" class , so here goes,
(OK some of you may have to forgive me for raising the question if it's old
news , but) has there been any discussion in SCCA about a "true" stock
class?
My definition, to wit the  "claim it " piece, is that the winner has to be
willing to sell any non-stock part on the car to any 2nd-nth place finisher
for the equivalent price of a replacement stock part.
Obvious exclusions are such non-performance parts as after-market
stereo , fuzzy dice , etc. but anything from $60 foam air filters or nine
lb. forged alloy wheels to $800. custom made shocks would be available from
the winners car for the price of a stock part.
I would think there should be a tire speck such as the 120 twi used in
novice/street tire too.
Lest anyone wish to cast aspersions at my intentions for asking, make no
mistake about it , I'm in and intend to play. It's that I've heard that
there is a recruitment & retention issue in the club and think that if we
really want people to believe the hype about being able to race your daily
driver it behooves us to present them with a class that is TRUELY low
budget.
MJ
my 3 cents (at least)
I'll take my answer on the air