RE: July 15 Event

To: "'lollipop@ricochet.net'" <lollipop@ricochet.net>, Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: RE: July 15 Event
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:44:32 -0700
Wow, 227 entrants and we were done by 3:30.  I think we should all give a
big hand to Sherry Grantz for driving the motorhome and to our double rookie
event chairs Elbert Chin and Sean O'Boyle.  They obviously did their
homework before signing up for the job, and the result was one of the
smoother events I can remember.  For sure this was partly due to good
fortune (nice weather, minimal timer problems, no donut incidents in the
paddock I can remember) but mostly hard work.  The short course had
relatively short overlaps, but was still a blast to drive.  Worker
changovers were very quick.  It certainly didn't seem like two guys who had
never chaired an event or designed a course before.

Peter