Re: Kumho wear

To: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>, "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kumho wear
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:57:53 -0700
Your situation is not a Kumho-only experience, all of our "race-rubber"
tires are vulnerable. By itself blue means little. Blue only means that
they've gotten hot, and the surface rubber has oxidized slightly in the
cool-off/storage mode. For most of us, the rest of the tire tread isn't as
likely to turn blue as fast as you've, usually, "rolled" the blue off at
cooler temps in normal driving. Tires put in storage without any hint of
blue will develop a blue-tinge over time.

        Don