Re: Detail shop recommendations?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Detail shop recommendations?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:45:09 -0700
I have to recommend against taking a Miata to Cavallino.  Both I and
another Miata owner I referred to them ended up with dust specks in
the paint.  I took the car back twice, and each time they sanded out a
few of the specks.  Some of the other details they completely missed
(they had installed a new headlight that was broken and couldn't be
adjusted properly, and when I took it back to have it adjusted, they
pronounced it "fixed" -- after misaligning the other headlight
downwards to match -- and missed cleaning up the overspray that I had
pointed out).  I ended up fixing those myself, or in the case of the
headlight, getting it fixed by the Mazda dealer.

I don't know if they just aren't as concerned about doing a good job
on the low-buck cars, but based on my experience I wouldn't recommend
them.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94