Re: Solo II Board Hypocrasy

To: Debbie Cunningham <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Solo II Board Hypocrasy
From: Jason Liao <jhliao@entic.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
Well you don't *have* to take the route that Larry did.  Admittedly a
clutch job on a 89-96 6-spd Corvette can be pricey (sky's the limit) but
there are cheaper alternatives.  I believe the cheapest way to do it is to
run a modified GM LT1 F-body single-mass flywheel with McCleod F-body
clutch disk, and a stock pressure plate.  I don't know the actual cost but
it should be well under $1000...maybe $700(?) for the whole assembly
including PP, and you go from a 40+ lb stock dual-mass flywheel to a ~20
lb unit.  Extra for labor of course.

These cars can be expensive but in the end, it's worth it!

Jason