RE: have you dyno your car?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: have you dyno your car?
From: "Frank M. Lin" <frank@b16a.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:57:07 -0700
Thanks for voting and the feedback.

I believe Speed Merchant has the only Dynapack dyno in NorthCal.
It is a interesting design.  You jack up and car, pull the wheels
off the driving axles and put on adapters which hooks up to the dyno (it's
in 2 rolling pieces thus semi-portable).  It uses hydralics to provide
the load and is supposely very accurate.  Buy an additional unit and
viola it's a 4WD dyno!  I'm going to get a demo of them very soon.
Other than the high cost cheapest unit starts at 48k and that's just
2WD, the base 4WD model is a whopping 94k!  I'm also concerned about
their reliability.  Other than pricing and possible reliability
problems, the Dynapack looks really good on paper.  I'll have to see
it in action first though.

Dynojet does have 4WD versions too but by design they are bulky and
I'm not sure how well it adapts to different wheelbase of cars...
Cost wise Dynojet looks a lot better, its usefulness is already proven.

--
Frank M. Lin   | http://www.g-speed.com/pbh Honda related tech files
frank@b16a.com | http://www.g-speed.com/pbh/fastest drag registry