Re: Lotus and fumes or something

To: Anthony Tabacco <atabacco@california.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus and fumes or something
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:01:43 -0700
Anthony replied to Pat, below:

I'll also answer Pat's question. Yes I drove an Elite, once. Morris (Morrie)
Kindig had a race prepared (SCCA road-race) Elite that he autocrossed a bit.
In the mid-sixties we drove our Bruce-recapped GY Bluestreaks on the street.
One weekend afternoon he asked me if I wanted to drive the Elite. We headed
out Saratoga Avenue towards the hills and I scared myself with how quick and
agile it was on the twisty back roads. It was not only agile but fast,
Morrie had "coaxed" mid-14 second ETs and 95 MPH out of it at the drags.
With about 1200 CCs, not bad

Sure made my Corvair Spyder seem sluggish.

        Don