Re: Lotus and fumes or something

To: "Rich Urschel" <OSP13@attglobal.net>, <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus and fumes or something
From: "Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:08:45 -0700
BTW Rich and Pat, I just noticed Rich's automobile being referred to in a
post as a 1967 Lotus Elite in conjunction with a current Car and Driver
article. I have not been following this thread but if my memory serves me
correctly, the inside rear cover "op-ed" pages in Road and Track, Sports Car
Graphic, and the (must have been brand) new Car and Driver in 1967 clearly
showed the new Elan in those beautiful little line drawing advertising
illustrations they used to use. Remember, the ones with the skinny women and
the "beautiful people" standing around the paddock? I see references to
political correctness and of course mis-identifying Loti is not. Lets also
be clear that the pre-Elan Elite is not the same as the post-Elan Elite. I
feel better now.
Yours in nostalgic senility,
Tony
(who will double the States offer, cash money, what do you say, Rich?)