Re: advance design shocks, any opinions

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: advance design shocks, any opinions
From: dcolicch@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 20:41:35 -0500
    James, here is a little info on these shocks:

Originally the shocks had very high amounts of stiction.  Working with Jay
we(Frey Racing) were able to help them with the new gland nut and seal design.
Ground control also normally fills the nitrogen to 200psi, we have found that
the shocks will be more linear in the ramping of forces when lower nitrogen
charge presures are used with their shocks( around 90-125psi).  If you have any
specific questions feel free to email me.  I have done more testing and
modificating of them, except for Jeremy at ground control.  This year in road
racing, running 4 EP RX-7's we fininshed 1,2,3,and 4 in the Nor-Pac National
Championship, all four cars used these shocks/struts.
-Tony
James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net> wrote:
> does anyone have experience with the shocks advertised at
http://www.advance-design.com/?

its a relatively inexpensive mono tube double adjustable shock.

can i use these on the street without ruining them?  is there enough
adjustability?  bilstiens, while much cheaper, arent adjustable.  penskes,
jrz, etc are more expensive.

thanks,

-james the underdamped