Re: Thanks for the votes, but...

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks for the votes, but...
From: "Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:43:58 -0800
Charlie,

Just putting your name out and playing the game is a worthy endeavor. That
is of course a political truism that as a consolation, is a very small one
indeed. It is unlikely (ridiculous actually) that anyone on this list is
involved in the SCCA because politics is a fun activity. Exactly the
opposite; It is a great weekend activity to blow workaday and political
pressures off. Having said that though, it should to be apparent even to the
most casual participant, that the "fun stuff" only happens with a serious
behind the scenes level of oversight, and in that regard the SCCA could
really use a lot of help. I mean even beyond our immediate autox community
and its place within the whole, the level of worker support in the racing
community just baffles me. This should not be construed as promoting
factionalism in any way, but it does mean the effort is worthy of the risk,
namely that of turning your recreational time into work, but without the
stigma of compensation, recognition, or appreciation. Great effort.

Tony