Passenger Story

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Passenger Story
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:52:46 -0800 (PST)
all this talk about passengers or not reminded me of
an incident a couple of years back.

I had just finished taking a ride with another
(slower) driver *before* my runs - when a competitor
from **another class** came up to me, wild-eyed and
started into me about "how I couldn't do that," and
"how he was going to get me" - it was all quite
threatening and out of place for an autox. Lots of
people seemed to be watching.

At first I didn't get it, I was searching my mind for
what I had done to offend him. Then I figured out why
he was mad - i.e. I'd been a passenger before running.

Subsequently, he apologized (I don't know if he'd
attempted a protest and discovered the real passenger
rule - anybody/anytime). We get on just fine now.

But, since that day I've never taken a ride, with a
novice or otherwise, before my runs. You never know
when a competitor is going to "Go Postal" on you. And
I don't need the hassle.

Be careful out there, some people really care about
local event results.

Craig