Re: Suspension shop in San Jose

To: mike@rampelberg.net
Subject: Re: Suspension shop in San Jose
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:00:34 EST
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

              Mike,
              You have two choices;

              Custom Alignment in Mountain View. Joe Silva and his crew are
all
racers, really know their stuff and have excellant equipment. Joes been
aligning my autocross and road cars for twenty years.

              The Speed Merchant on Lincoln Avenue in San Jose. Paul Casales
the manager is about as knowledgable of Chevies as anyone I know. His shop
builds
everything from road race, Silver state challenge, show cars, street rods,
you name it. He does both suspension and engine work. His shop also has a
dyno.

             Good kuck. Getting a 71 Malibu to handle on street tires is
going to take a lot of work. Bye the way, getting 1g lateral acceleration
numbers on a flat skid pad doesn't mean anything if the car won't turn, brake
or handle on the road. One more thing, don't try a skid pad unless you
install a well baffled oil pan or you'll blow your
engine. FWIW.
                                             Larry

n a message dated 11/17/01 9:38:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,