RE: LIVE WITH THE ACE REPORTER

To: "ba autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: LIVE WITH THE ACE REPORTER
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:16:41 -0800 (PST)
>Imagine how much "pollution" we would have if
everybody rode horses instead of driving cars.
The air might be cleaner, but the ground sure would
not!

An author named Theodore Dreiser wrote about New York
City at the turn of the last century and described
this problem. His hero [the book entitled The Genius
as I recall] was a very lucky man since his family was
wealthy enough to afford an "penthouse", that is a
place to live above the sixth floor. Lucky because
below that level the manure dust cloud shortened your
life span to below 40. The author was simply stating
facts and setting the scene, no "agenda", very like
Michener not Hemmingway.
Arguable the automobile is one of the most effective
pollution elimination machines ever invented. Betcha
don't get that from your 'Zerkely prof!

=====
Dennis Hale