Speedvision -> Speed Channel

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedvision -> Speed Channel
From: "Doug Gentges" <dagmlist@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:00:59 -0800
Just found this on the speedvision site, it looks like a lot of the "100%
NASCAR" fears were not well founded

http://www.speedvision.com/pub/articles/racing/08INews/011130a.html

The short version:
---quote---

That current line-up seems to be the center of the debate. I would like to
outline the core programming we will carry in the way we have in the past,
have multi-year deals with or, in some cases, are adding to the line-up.

The notable exception is F1, as we are negotiation with them to continue our
relationship with them. We have put together a very attractive offer and are
doing everything we can to continue with F1. We feel confident we will move
forward with them:

F1, including qualifying and all current F1 events
Le Mans, ALMS
Le Mans 24 hour coverage
SCCA Trans Am
Grand AM

All of the current motorcycle event coverage will remain including:

FIM Grand Prix
World Superbike
AMA Superbike

Existing programming to remain as well:

Legends of Motorsports
Motorsport Mundial
Speedvision GT Championships
Barrret Jackson auto auction
Speed News

In addition we will now have:

NASCAR programming
CART, Qualifying and other events
Extended coverage of World Rally
ARCA live races

We also hope to have some very exciting news regarding additional motorcycle
programming soon.

-- end quote