Cheap race car paint job tips!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Cheap race car paint job tips!
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 11:27:41 -0700
remember when i was asking about cheap paint jobs? well i went to Orchard
Supply this morning with a little piece of paint i peeled off my car and
found a good match.

a little sanding and priming and although my car is still several different
colors, at least they are all shades of blue.

here's what i learned:

1. any surface can be prepared by wiping with a towel.

2. try to remember to remove your miscellaneous tools from the hood before
painting it- leaves unsightly marks!

3. a piece of cardboard held in your other hand is a much faster way to do
masking and prevent spray onto your glass and chrome.

4. for that professional look, tilt the can away from your tires when
painting the wheel wheels. (one of my tires is a little blue now)

5. pick a color similar to what most of your car is already. (mine was red
and blue so i flipped a coin for blue).

6. take a before picture, and, when taking the after picture, be sure to
snap it before the paint dries- looks shinier!

7. carry a can of the same color- touching up the car this way is much
easier than washing it!

-james