RE: What's drawing new members?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What's drawing new members?
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:14:15 -0700
Oh, Larry, Larry, Larry.

Hi, this is Katie Kelly, Daughter of Autocross, typing. I just want to alert
you all to a little syndrome on the rise. It's not contagious or anything, but
I just think now would be a good time to talk about it. It's called Post Lucas
Electrics Syndrome, or PLEaSe. Yeah, it's pretty common amongst our older
contingent who slaved for so many years on English cars. Long term effects
vary, but one common complication is complete bitterness to anyone who drives a
vehicle that actually starts on command. It's only shocking at first, but after
awhile, you see it means nothing. It's just talk.

Some sufferers completely flip out and go to the other extreme, like Chevy
Corvettes. A lot of it is due to the palsy in the right foot that develops over
time, directly caused by keeping the foot flat on the accelerator all the time.
The little muscles in the ankle and foot just can't keep up that kind of
pressure, so they switch to Corvettes, as an act of over-compensation. It's
okay though, because at least they are aware of their condition.

Others, sadly, never quite break out of it, but often enough they're usually
just a little better off, living in their own little, happy world. You'll see
them in their little English cars with little smiles on their faces. Don't
spoil it for them. Just nod and wave, and wish them well.

ALL of these symptoms are harmless, and all of the survivors are really good
people.

There IS a more rare strain of the syndrome, common among pink 510 drivers, but
that discussion is probably best saved for another day.

Katie K.