Pylon for November 2003

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Pylon for November 2003
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:49:17 -0500
Now in the mail on its way to subscribers is the November 2002 edition of
North American Pylon.
        This month we cover:
        -The Bay Bottom Crawl in Florida
        -Virginia Motor Sports Club at Southside Speedway
        -Las Vegas Region returning to daylight runs
        -Dan Wasdahl gets acquainted with the Phantom, taking FTD at Peru,
IN.
        -Jim Murphy rides high in Atlanta Region
        -San Francisco Region does 4 in its Winter Slush Series
        -Brandywine Motor Club does its finale in Glasgow, DE
        -Sacramento (CA) Chapter does its finale at the former McClellan
AFB.

Columns by
        -Bryan Beckman on the Physics of Racing, Chapter 17
        -Lorenzo the Scribe on handling a compliance check
        -Pat Kelly reminds Pylon lives in Earthquake Country, fortunately
just little ones.
        -John Kelly points out SCCA Solo II course design standards are
very general in nature.
        -Ben Thatcher inquires if we have lost our way.
        -Warren Leveque romantisizes the "sound of performance."

Calendar is a bit puny this time of year. Please send in your 2003 dates.
        Garage Sale offers a lot of hardware for sale.

Check out <www.napylon.com> if you want a couple of sample copies.

Subscriptions are $24 for 12 monthly issues.
Send your $24 to:
        North American Pylon
        P.O. Box 1203
        Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120

or, call 1-800-58-KELLY during 9-5 PST business hours and charge the $24 to
Visa or MasterCard.
        Pylon is also available at selected newsstands like
        Newsbreak in Swansea, MA,
        DeLauers in Oakland, CA,
        and at Tower Records in major cities across the U.S.

We were almost ready to publish before the Thanksgiving holiday  but a flu
bug leveled the editor for several days.

--John Kelly