Re: Storing the race tires

To: "Herman Ip" <racer188@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Storing the race tires
From: "Darren Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 00:38:49 -0000
What's an "Off Season"???? :)

Is NASA having their new years autocross again this year?  Anyone else want to
step up?

But seriously, between now and Boondoggle just keep them in black garbage bags
and you should be fine.  If anything wouldn't vacuum sealing dry them out more
than keeping them in a damp humid garage?

There is always the option of putting a traction treatment like Formula V or
that bear claw one on them next year if they do get really hard.

That or just start the season on fresh rubber and sell off the rocks to
somebody who wants to try out a cheap set of race tires.  Nothing like fresh
rubber!

    --Darren "Took the kart out yesterday... plan to run it all winter"

p.s. I ran on 15 month old tires... yuck!

p.p.s. Aren't the vacuum bags pretty expensive for what they are anyway?

"Herman Ip" <racer188@netzero.net> wrote ..