The hardest autox skill?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: The hardest autox skill?
From: Joe Ciarcia <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:27:29 -0800 (PST)
I'm sure this thread title will attract some colorful
Seriously though, what do you think is the hardest
skill to master in autox?

After reading a post on the i-club board I realized
that the thing I have the most difficulty with is
braking. When I think about it, just about every
mistake that I've been making is related to braking. I
think I'm choosing okay lines, at least I'm not making
any HUGE mistakes about the line I'd ***LIKE*** to
take. Proper braking seems to be an elusive skill for
me though.

How does one practice braking? Seems like a silly
question but seriously, how do I get better at it? I
seem to be in a rut. It would seem as if most people
brake to late, or brake to early however I don't seem
to discriminate between the two (maybe I lean a little
be towards braking too early which probably makes some
sense for my experience level). This past event I
experienced "HOLY CRAP, I didn't know my car could
stop that fast" and... "ummm... yeah, I'm off course
because I really wanted to do a donut, yeah that's
it".

Cheers Joe

=====
Silly little Yahoo advert follows...