Re: street tire class? (hi!)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: street tire class? (hi!)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:21:41 EST
I wrote:

> > I raced in STS this year with kids 1/2 my age (those are the older
> > ones...) in a car that I drove on the street every day, and I didn't
> > even have to change tires to run!

Phil responded:

> Wow, sounds like a *sweet* car! How does it do against Corvettes?

It has beaten 2 Corvettes in Pro Solo challenge competition, but went out in
the next round both times due to drivers running out of talent.  If it ever
gets to a finale, and is up against a plastic pachyderm, woohoo!!!

> Street tire class question: are the regulars on Falkens, or on real
> street tires? Thought I might bring out my recently acquired 99 Miata,
> just for fun.

1)  Falkens ARE real street tires
2)  The fast people seem to gravitate toward Falkens.

> Falken? What the hell is a Falken? Why, back when I was your age,
> son...

Falken's been in the tire business for over 10 years, just never made a tire
that was as good for Solo 2...

CHD