RE: Rules and Miata dress code

To: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Rules and Miata dress code
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:46:27 -0800
You can probably remove the soft top legally if you plan to run in CSP, that is
the consensus.

You cannot remove the soft top legally in stock.  There is no provision for
update/backdate in stock, instead the question you should ask is "could I get
it this way from the factory".  If you buy an '03 Club sport, you can get it
from the factory with a removable (no tools) hardtop and no soft top, so it
should be legal to run it without either.  If you get an '03 other package, you
can't get it without a soft top, so you can't remove it unless you convert it
so that it is a Club Sport in every other way.  For any other year Miata, there
was not Club Sport available so you can't even convert it.

Peter