Pylon for December 2002

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon for December 2002
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 23:53:01 -0500
The December 2002 issue of North American Pylon went into the mail today.
        (We actually mailed it in the month of its cover date, barely!)

This month we have:

        An excerpt from Paul Haney's book on how Shock Absorbers work.
                Chapter 2 next month.
        An overview of the new "Precision Racing Organization" which plans
to stage 29 weekends of autocrossing across the continental U.S. in 2003.
        A salute to 10 C Prepared drivers who didn't quite make the
trophies at Nationals.
        An overview of General Motors' new inline 4, 5, and 6 cylinder
engines.

We cover:
        Virginia Motor Sports Club in Petersburg, VA.
        San Francisco Region season finale at Oakland, CA.
        Las Vegas Region at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
        Tidewater SCC at Virginia Beach, VA.
        Atlanta (GA) Region's Champion of Champions meet.
        Beachcomber Corvettes at Pungo Field.
        Washington DC Region's final 2003 point standings.

Plus columns by
        Pat Kelly on the new P.R.O. organization and the huge logistical
task of doing what it says it will do, i.e. 29 events across the U.S.
        Editor John Kelly on the departure from the scene of The
Stopwatcher which weekly covered the mid-Atlantic rally and autocross scene
since 1965. Editor Bob Shenton has retired to a care facility. He also gets
into previous attempts at organizing autocrossing into a separate deal. In
sum: It's a difficult task fraught with peril.
        Lorenzo the Scribe on talent and craft versus inspiration.
        Warren Leveque gets in to "Pig Racing."
        Ace Reporter Katie Kelly explains how she became an ace mechanic.
        Eric Salem explains how an old Volvo replaced a Neon ACR.

        Our calendar has grown to 3-1/2 pages. Get your club schedule to
us, please.
        We have revamped the Garage Sale and now things are "classified"
into one of 6 categories.
        We have a brief look at the Suzuki Aerio by Charles Belle.

If you want to check us out at <www.napylon.com> you'll find a freebie
deal. Or, subscribe for only $24 for 12 monthly issues by calling
1-800-58-KELLY during normal 9-5 biz hours, PST. and charging it to Visa or
MasterCard. Or,
Mail a check for $24 to:
        North Amrican Pylon
        P.O. Box 1203
        Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120

        Be sure to include your full mailing address.
Or, Request a 12 month subscription and charge the $24 to your credit card.
FAX your address and Visa or MC number to (925) 846-0118. It operates 24/7.
        Happy New Year to all.

--John Kelly, editor and publisher