Re: Need new sway bar mount brackets?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, "Jake Hodges" <jake@codeworm.com>
Subject: Re: Need new sway bar mount brackets?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 09:24:35 -0700
i designed and fabricated the sway bars for my car (which was never designed
to have any).  i havent had any problems with them.

the bar should not slip side to side... on my three piece bars there is a
locking collar, but on the one piece bars common on production cars, usually
they side to side is contained by the stiffness of the bent arm part.

the bar must be able to rotate freely in the collars!!!  this is very
important!  did you lubricate bushings when you installed the bar?

'lightly snugged' bolts are not safe.  a bolt makes all its strength as a
fastener from being properly torqued.  you need to change the mount so that
you can properly attach it.

metal, once bent, is unlikely to remain unbent.  i would look to replace
those parts.

if you want some help with it, i can give you a hand.

james