RE: Need new sway bar mount brackets?

To: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Need new sway bar mount brackets?
From: "Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 10:13:42 -0700
The bar should definitely rotate freely in the bushings.  I had the same
problem with the Suspension Techniques bar on my MR2- it came with
urethane bushings and that nasty, sticky white lithium grease.  I
switched to rubber bushings to get some more compliance, and when I took
the bar off I could have almost done a chin up on the ends without it
moving in the bushings, the binding was so bad.  The white grease
basically turns to glue.

Mike Maier implored me to throw that stuff out, and use good old
fashioned moly axle grease.  Sam Strano feels that anti-seize compound
does the trick just as well and stays put for longer.

Peter