Tech at the TOUR

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tech at the TOUR
From: Durk Edwards <solorolla@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:37:47 -0700 (PDT)
What a 3 days!!! First and foremost, a HUGE THANK-You to my TECH team of
Charles Cox, Herman Ip, and Georgia Abelardo for your efforts. We, with the
very much appreciated help of Jim Ochi, Eric Lind and Arnold Escano tech'd all
260+ cars from Friday, 10:30 am to 7 pm, and Sat from 7am to 8am. The weather
put a hamper on things, but we got it done with very little problems. The on
thing that I always come away with from these events is that great feeling of
friendship from my fellow competitors. I looked forward to this event, prepared
my car, practiced and was ready "give 'em something to think about". Friday
practice was very good and I was really excited about the next couple of day.
On my first run an Sat. however, I lost power near the finish. I came in and
noticed 0 oil pressure. After checking things out, it appears I spun a rod
bearing........I melted into a pool of every possible emotion known to
mankind........My competitors were all looking on with interest and concern.
After realizing my car was out of it, 5 people offered me there cars to finish
the series. THIS is what this sport is all about. I agreed to use Eric Linds M3
and his support. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of people supporting you
in times like these!!! Thank you ERIC!!!! Your car is awesome and I really had
a good time, even with all of Ochi's VOODOO chants about coming over to the
DARK SIDE!!!!  NEVER!!!! Thanks again to all that contributed to the Tech team
and the event. Win or lose, to me, it's about helping the other guy achieve
success. THANKS!!!