Another Tire shop in the Bay Area to RUN away from! Orozcos

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Tire shop in the Bay Area to RUN away from! Orozcos
From: E911me@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 15:35:14 EDT
Hi all,

So per one of our friend's suggestions, I paid Orozcos Tires to do some wheel
work in Berkeley.  Needless to say, another horrible experience, it seems
that Berkeley businesses, for the most part, will never have a service sector
to be proud of.

They balanced a set of wheels, or so they claim (I saw them do something),
and all the way to LA the front wheels shimmy (mind you this car is near
perfect, and my other set of wheels drove the car perfectly smooth, with
worse rubber).

Second, I was quoted 5/wheel to get re-balanced, since I was bringing them
off the car.  I get there, they get to the last wheel and say they never told
me this (5/wheel).  They insist on the 10 dollars and make a big scene and
keep reminding me to hurry up and leave since "they don't only work for me"
while I was asking who it was that told me this quote over the phone more
than once.

Third,  I had to leave my original wheels overnight which they said was okay.
 Since I headed to LA that day, I had a friend go take care of this (with an
SUV).  He didn't for some reason on Friday, and when I found out, I
immediately called Orozcos.  They said they sold the wheels (or gave them
away in one day) and gave me a hard time for trying to get them picked up
immediately today (needless to say I reminded my friend that this is very
important to me, since some of the wheels/tires are sold to another fellow Z
owner).  I started to get very upset and said I'm coming down there and
taking them away.

They torqued the wheels beyond belief (kept at it with the air gun) upon my
request to have them hand torqued to 80 ft*lbs.  Needless to say I had some
big bar breaking to do to re-torque them that evening.

The list can go on, but I wanted to make clear Orozco's unprofessional
behaviour and to steer fellow list members to not use them.  They were a
disappointment, and I don't feel any of our fellow's business should be
wasted at that little ghetto rat hole on San Pablo  in Berkeley.

The search still continues for a decent tire shop for wheel needs (I'm not
asking for that much, I would like a nice price, but I'd prefer to pay extra
for quality)......  Sad that 4 places I've tried or heard experiences of have
struck out in Berkeley; I'd be willing to go farther, but my car and schedule
sometimes dictates having it done locally :(

FWIW,

Salah