Re: Composit driveshaft

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Composit driveshaft
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:25:20 -0700
    This is interesting. John, what you point out as allowing composite
driveshafts is under the Street Modified category rules...
    BUT, if one is to build a Prepared car, on page 123, 15.10. S Final
Drive 1, last sentence "All non-stock driveshafts must be made of metal."
This is in the current 2003 Rulebook.
    Guess what, you're both correct! Amazing!
    Eric didn't mention what level of preparation he was considering. In any
of either Stock or Street Prepared, no mention is made, so the old rule of
thumb of "if it doesn't allow it, it's not allowed" applies.
    In Modified, no mention is made of the driveshaft that I could find.
--Pat Kelly