Re: Composit driveshaft

To: Eljssp8@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Composit driveshaft
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:46:30 -0700
I suspect this is a portion of the P&M rules that could be updated. :) When
originally written in the dark ages, composite driveshafts were probably not
available. Since the P&M car builders were supposedly building stronger than
stock engines, even if there were 'other' materials available, the SEB of
that time probably wanted to ensure no driveshafts busting out in the middle
of a run. :)
Also, the SEB of that era may have thought substitution of material would
have raised costs, and probably still does, for that matter. Even now, we
read how the SEB wants to contain costs, an impossibility, IMO.
--Pat Kelly