Oil temp 185, water temp 250... Problem?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil temp 185, water temp 250... Problem?
From: Joe <joe@bea.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:09:44 -0700
Hi all. I have a new big motor in my mustang, with separate water and oil
temperature gauges. During a good 'gettin on it', my oil temps can go to 220
or so, and water temps about the same or more, and soon during a cool-down
cruise the oil temp will go down just fine to 180 or so, but my water temps stay
high, and today ( a warm day) needed forward motion to keep the temp from
pegging at 250. Do I have a serious problem or should I expect such high coolant
temps?
thanks,
Joe