Re: Oil temp 185, water temp 250... Problem?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, "Joe" <joe@bea.com>
Subject: Re: Oil temp 185, water temp 250... Problem?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:56:45 -0700
how big a motor?  a 460 or smaller i doubt there should be a problem when
everything is working ok.

if you have just refilled the coolant, it is easy to have air bubbles
(although then you will see the temp plunge to 'low' periodically)

is the water pump in the correct rotation?  are the belts routed correctly
for the water pump?  is the thermostat opening?  if the thermostat gets hot
once it might now work right after that.  is the radiator new?  is the gauge
reading the correct values?  are the head gaskets on the correct way?  you
might ask the motor builder too.

corral.net will have many answer, although a lot of background noise too.
good luck!

james