Re: Possible new SFR Regional class

To: john@harlie.idsfa.net
Subject: Re: Possible new SFR Regional class
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:33:18 EDT
john@harlie.idsfa.net writes:

> This seems like it's not a lot different from running a street
> prepared car in Street Tire class...there isn't a lot of difference
> between the SP and STX rules besides STX requiring street legal
> emissions, which are pretty much guaranteed anyway on a car running in
> Street Tire.

I disagree.  STX doesn't allow unlimited flywheels and clutches (a big
impediment to a streetable SP car), unlimited fuel injection and ignition
controls,
wheel and tire sizes.  That's a short list but huge in scope...

> However, a street-driven SP car is probably a lot farther from the
> maximum prep level than a street-driven stock car, so an SP car
> competing in the PAXed Street Tire class is really at a disadvantage.
> The PAX index is based on cars that are prepared to the extent of the
> rules.  Perhaps it would make sense to split the ST class into stock
> and Street Prepared sub-classes.  Would that accomplish the same thing
> as ST2?

There won't be any SP based (National) ST classes.  I can guarantee that...
I'm not really sure what the PAX index has to do with a new ST class,
either...

Charlie