RE: Street tires v. R tires v. slicks was:School & Sunday

To: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: RE: Street tires v. R tires v. slicks was:School & Sunday
From: "TSUKAMOTO, Yosuke" <ysk_tsukamoto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 01:44:53 -0700
> This is one of our never ending debates. I believe it is easier
> in general to learn to drive at 10/10ths maintaining the edge of
> control on street tires due to their longer delay between losing
> optimum grip and letting go completely. However, with the great
> variability now available in all types of tires, it may depend on
> your car, it's setup, the choice(s) of tire, and their condition.

Maybe I wasn't driving at the limit of those racing tires.
It felt very smooth, and skidding was very moderate.
But when I drove last Sunday with street tires(Kumho Supra), I felt as if
the rear of the car was suddenly swung around.

---I drive, therefore I exist---
Yosuke
FS-N #114
2000 Z28 A4 Silver