RE: Street tires v. R tires v. slicks was:School & Sunday

To: riyan@hotpop.com
Subject: RE: Street tires v. R tires v. slicks was:School & Sunday
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 21:41:52 -0000
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:29:57 -0700 Riyan Mynuddin <riyan@hotpop.com> wrote:
>As soon as I put R tires on, my car changed from understeering to
>oversteering. <snip>  While it might be easier to learn on street tires, the
>process
>of "re-learning" may outweigh the benefits of learning on easier tires.

You're not relearning. You are learning more of the techniques which are all
required to go fast. Push a neutral car and it will alternately under and over
steer.
Being able to control either is a useful thing.

Do we need a thread on dialing under/over steer out of a chassis?

Rich

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com