American Muscle Car Team Challenge

To: Autocross Corvettes <autox-vettes@lists.carlc.com>,
Subject: American Muscle Car Team Challenge
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@kenmitchell.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:33:06 -0700
The Corvette Owners Club of Sacramento (COCS) will be hosting the renown
award winning American Muscle Car Team Challenge on October 4-5, 2003 at
Castle Air Park in Atwater, CA. You better mark your calendars and enter
quick before the maximum cap is reach. The maximum cap is 80 entries
which will make up 20 teams. Each team will comprise of 4 team members.

The teams will be made by a random drawing. Each team will be made up
evenly as possible in regard to driver's experience, skill level, and
type of vehicle and class. Each car will be paxed/indexed in accordance
with the current national pax index factors in order to provide a level
playing field for all cars and teams.

The event is limited to only American Muscle cars with V8's and rear
wheel drive such as Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, Falcon, Cobra
(Including Kits), and Vipers. Other vehicle makes with american V8's
will be considered by the COCS Classification Committee.

Each car will be classed according to the SCCA preparation rules with
some slight variances. The classification committee will make decisions
to insure a level playing field for all. Street Tire cars will be
classed/pax'd different than the respective open class cars equipped
with DOT approved competition go-fast tires such as the Hoosier DOT tires.

Entrants may share a car with only one other entrant. Co-drivers will be
on a different team and in separate run groups. Sorry, only two people
to the same car. There will only be two run groups.

The run format will be as it has been the past years.  Both run groups
will have practice runs on Saturday and Sunday mornings with the
Official runs Saturday and Sunday afternoons. We plan on having 3 work
groups.

The course will be a lot of fun and very conducive for the V8 cars. The
course designer will be announced shortly.

The cost for each entry is $95.00 which will include the Saturday night
social event. Extra tickets may be purchased for non-entrants and
guests. The deadline for your paid entry is September 15, 2003.
Registration/entries will be processed at the event site.

More information will follow. Our web site is under construction and the
URL is http://www.cocs.us

If you want an entry form , please let me know and I will e-mail it to
you. If you have any questions, please e-mail me.

--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@kenmitchell.com