Pylon for July 2003

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon for July 2003
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:54:26 -0400
North American Pylon for July 2003 is now in the mail.

This month we cover:
         two SCCA National Tours:
        -The July 22 event hosted by Washington DC Region at Fed Ex Field
in Landover, MD.
        -The July 9 event hosted by Kentucky Region at Grissom Aeroplex in
Peru, IN.
And:
        -A Pro Solo at Oscoda, MI.
        -Three Mazda Rev-It-Up events being dominated by SCCA drivers.

And a pair of Southeast Divisionals:
        #1 at Michelin Proving Grounds in Laurens, SC.
        #2 at Turner Field, Atlanta, GA.

(Regretfully we haven't heard from the SoloTime or CenDiv series so far
this season.)

Events by:
        -Beachcomber Corvettes at Virginia Beach, VA.
        -Larry Park Memorial two-dayer at Atwater, CA, honors memory of
series founder.
        -A pair of Las Vegas Region events.

Plus columns by:
        -Pat Kelly on our quest to find writers to cover the 2003
Nationals, one place per person.
        -Lorenzo the Scribe (Pittsburgh, PA) on what to tell SCCA's BoD
Chairman Tom Campbell on where we want Solo II to go.
        -Eric Salem does an Evolution School, presents the Nebraska point
of view.
        -Ben Thatcher (Georgia) says he is not gleeful about what is
happening to the Prepared category. (For the record, neither is Pylon.)
        -Special feature with two D Mod/E Mod drivers having their
questions answered by SEB member Mark Sirota. Hooray for Mark taking the
time to answer.
        -Editor Kelly interviews Trans-Am Series' Johnny Miller, winner at
Lime Rock T/A, who got his start in Solo II and Solo I. He claims (with
tongue in cheek) to be SCCA's "Poster Boy."

Pylon is sold at Tower Records (located in  major U.S. cities) and a number
of independent news stands across the U.S. Buy a CD and save the recording
industry while you're there.

Or, check out our web page at: <www.napylon.com>

Or, subscribe by calling 1-800-58-KELLY during 9-5 PDT business hours and
charging the 12-month subscription to your Visa or MasterCard. $24 buys 12
months.

Or, send your $24 check or M.O. to
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120   for a 12-month subscription.

Or, FAX your subscription request to 1-925-946-0118. It operates 24/7.
        Include your Visa or MasterCard number to cover the $24 annual
cost.
        Canadian subscriptions are US$27.50 on checks from a U.S. bank or
use a Canadian postal money order, or use Visa or MasterCard.

Next month, with any luck, we will have our picks on Who Will Win the 2003
Solo II Nationals with Chief Picker Dick Berger, the sage of Kansas City
and C Prepared, once again supplying his insight.
        We welcome your letters to the editor. Just keep it clean, deal
with issues, and don't pick on any specific individual. However, the SEB is
fair game. Praising letters for a job well done are also welcome.
        Attention former Stopwatcher (Washington DC) subscribers. Your
subscription runs out with this issue.

--John Kelly