Proposed ST-2 class

To: Solo2sc@sfrscca.org, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Proposed ST-2 class
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:00:56 EDT
Here's the class as I see it.  Let me preface this by answering "Why aren't
the MR-Spyder and later Miata included?"  There are several answers.  1)  They
already have a competitive place to play.  Most of the rest of these cars
don't.  2)  Those that do have a competitive place to play (2nd gen MR-2, for
instance) would not destroy the class for the other cars.  The MR-S and later
Miata would limit participation.  3)  The cost of competitiveness in the class
is
well under $10K, as listed.  The cost doubles if you include the later cars.

ST-2 would use STS rules, except for the following:
1)  Limited slip differentials (but not lockers, spools or welded diffs)
would be allowed.
2)  Carbureted cars may modify or replace air cleaners as long as they do not
serve any other purpose.
3)  Internal distributor parts may be replaced by electronic ignition
components.  This includes condensers.

Eligibility list:

Alfa Romeo 1600, 1750, 2000 GTV and Spyder
Austin Healy, all
BMW Z-3 4 cyl.
Chevrolet Corvair non-turbo
Datsun 1600, 2000 roadster, 240, 260, 280Z, 280ZX non-turbo
Fiat/Bertone/Pininfarina, all
Honda CRX, CRX-Si, del sol
Lotus Elan M-100
Mazda Miata '90-97, RX-7 non-turbo
MG, all
Nissan 280ZX non-turbo, 300ZX thru 1988 non-turbo
Pontiac Fiero
Porsche 914 4 cyl, 924 non-turbo, 924S, 944 8 valve, non-turbo
Toyota MR-2 non-turbo
Triumph, all 4 and 6 cyl.
Volvo P1800