Re: Accident at Buttonwillow

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accident at Buttonwillow
From: Caliente65@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:09:18 -0400
I was at Buttonwillow when this happened. It was a very sad scene. We didn't
know the result until Sunday morning but many feared the worst.

If your familiar with the track, Bill went off at the Buttonhook(CCW directon)
which was recently re-paved and very slick. He hit the dirt embankment by the
cart track. An rx-7 did the same thing earlier in the day but had no injuries.(
granted he hit at a lower speed/different angle.) Any more speed and the cars
would have would up on the cart track which is often filled with kids. That's
another issue.

How effective are collars in comparison to a restraint device? I don't know if
a collar would have helped in this case.

Does anyone know if the $80 Sparco collar is any better than the 30-40 dollar
ones?

Thanks and be safe,
Darren