Rims - O.E.R.s, Replicas, and Repairing Alu Rims?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Rims - O.E.R.s, Replicas, and Repairing Alu Rims?
From: Todd Stiers <tas@darthracing.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:04:18 -0800
Hi,

I've been looking to dump my lumpy 17" aftermarket wheels
in hopes of finding something stock for comfort, cost and
Azenzis Sport sizing ;)

I ran across www.aaarims.com, a site with prices too good to
be true, evidently because they do "Original Equipment Replacement"m
not "OEM" replacements.

Is OER to be avoided as junk or just safety?

I'm also told that repaired aluminum rims are not safe? Is that
also true? How lumpy is too lumpy for repair?

I figure autox stress on wheels would make this the place to
ask.

Thanks
Todd
1.8T virgin Passat heading to STX(?)