sound advice appreciated

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Anthony Tabacco" <tony@atarchitects.com>
Subject: sound advice appreciated
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:02:44 -0400

Message text written by "Anthony Tabacco"

"
Thanks for all the responses on this. I was working on a document and
thinking
that it would not work to say to a Council or Planning Commission that our
events are limited to 95db. Its much better to just be able to saay we only
allow cars that conform to street leagal sound requirements.
Tony"

I think you're correct in not wanting to use numbers. Most people do not
have a db meter built into their ears. People who serve on Councils,
planning commissions, etc. are no different than the general public who
might complain about various loud activities.
        Look at the people who want to shut down Buchanan Field. Then look
at the people who want to shut down Livermore Airport. Both airports were
moved in previous time frames.
        I live about 100-150 yards from I-680 with several houses built in
between. While the freeway.can produce noise, my complaint --for 30-40
seconds--is all the helicopter traffic which use I-680 as a guide to where
they're going. And it's not the little choppers. It's those double-bladed
monsters that look like inflated bananas. <G>

--John Kelly