noise

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, "PAUL TIBBALS"
Subject: noise
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:35:05 -0400

Message text written by "PAUL TIBBALS"

"The SCCA Solo2 Rules:
3.5 MUFFLERS

Adequate mufflers are required for Solo II events. The criterion of

"adequacy" is not what the exhaust system consists of, but the sound

level. Any car deemed by the Event Chairman or his designated

representative to be excessively loud shall not compete without

acceptable modifications installed on the car."

We have to meet the 95dbA standard at ALL of our local events, SCCA
National does not.
I haven't looked at our Supps lately but I believe that's in there.

That 95 dbA standard was dictated by a California state branch in charge of
County fairgrounds and we were running at the Pleasanton Fair grounds at
that time.  Having that standard solves a lot of problems. The only
difficult part is enforcing it. 99.5 percent of our people make that number
easy.

--John Kelly