Re: Which street tires

To: Mark Mervich <mwizard@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Which street tires
From: Yeoh Yiu <squid@panix.com>
Date: 07 Jun 2004 01:26:09 -0400
Mark Mervich <mwizard@earthlink.net> writes:

> So, my Yokohama AE100's are wearing out w/ about 10K miles on them.
> They were a great improvement over the stock WRX Potenzas(which I save
> for skiing).  As replacements I am looking at Kuhmo Ecsta MX or Falkan
> Azenis Sport.  What do you all think? I drive about 10K per yr on
> these tires so wear, noise and comfort is a concern.  Should I be
> considering anything else?

First, you should consider what you're using the tires for.
Autox in Street Touring or Street Tire class ?

In my opinion, the only uncomfortable tires are runflats, and the only
noisey tires are allseason and touring tires where the tread squirm
makes them squeal so much on corners.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 is another good street tire and great rain tire
to consider.

Any of the three should last for 10,000 commuting miles or more.

Are you running these on a  WRX ?

squid.