Recommend a 15" tire.

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Recommend a 15" tire.
From: jake@codeworm.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
I'm really bad at keeping up with the latest and
greatest tires.  I'm going to put my MR2 up for sale in
a few days, but I need to replace tires and the cracked
windshield first.

Here's the problem:  See, the car wants 185/55/15 in
front and 205/50/15 in the rear.  (The front wheels are
15"x6" and the rear are 15"x6.5")  The only two tires
that I can find in the recommended tire sizes are the
Bridgestone Potenza RE040 and the Yokahama A043.  The
research I've done (and my personal experience with the
RE040) indicate both suck.  The RE040 was a nightmare
for tramlining on my car.  My Hoosier were more
user-friendly on the freeway.  Apparently the A043 is
terrifying in the rain.  I don't want to stick the
future owner of my beloved car with some suicide tire.

Currently I'm running the Falken Azeins in 205/55/15,
and the car feels like it's floating down the road.
The grip rocks, but the sidewall roll over on my
favorite corners makes it feel like a Buick, and
rocking the steering wheel back and fourth on the
freeway causes the car to yaw like my 1971 Plymouth
Valiant.  It's like driving a Honda!  (I really thought
they had done something bad to my car when I replaced
the stock RE040s with the Falkens.)

So, do I sell the car with some new Falkens, do I put
suicide tires on it, or can someone recommend a 15"
tire that will feel less floaty?  How are the various
Kumho street tire offerings?

Thanks, all.

Jake